Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Reason For The Name

If you are like me, you live, breath, eat, and sleep football, and if you are like me you also find a lot of the "talking heads" and so-called "experts" a bit annoying with all of their predictions that have little basis in reality. I.e. picking Dallas and San Diego for the Super Bowl for at least the past three years, despite Dallas not being able to make the playoffs most of the time, and when they do being decimated by Brett Favre (of course he retired so maybe we should crown Dallas), and San Diego getting beaten by Indianapolis every time they start to get anywhere in the playoffs, not to mention their inability to win the anything before December.
 This year the football gods on ESPN have appointed the Texans as the ruler of the AFC South, and second only to the Patriots in the overall AFC, hmm, really?
The team that went  6-10  last year, and managed to be terrible despite having Matt Schaub, the league leading rusher (Arian Foster), and Andre "the giant" Johnson, not to mention Mario Williams and Brian Cushing. That sounds like another San Diego to me, another team not able to live up to their talent level.
Anyway, back to my point, they pick teams such as Philadelphia, Houston, and Dallas, who have tons of big names, but still have not proven anything, instead of the teams who have made the quiet moves that count in the offseason such as the New Orleans Saints and the Jacksonville Jaguars.
 I will be primarily covering the Jaguars, with a secondary focus on the Saints, and a tertiary focus on the playoff picture, and other up and comers.
Anyway, this is my mission statement of sorts and I feel as if I'm drifting off topic, so let me say in closing that the reason for the name is this will be one of the last safe havens' of common sense and NO NONSENSE (and football as well).

No comments:

Post a Comment